Altar of The Underworld
|Released|| Concept: Jan 29, 2018|
|Followed by||Dark Mountain of Sins|
It features a new cast of characters and playable characters, along with a new story and OST. It is the third Nansei project to get a remake, retconning the story of Broken 4th Dimension entirely.
Similarities with Broken 4th Dimension
While AoTU takes B4D's place in the Nansei timeline (likely due to B4D's story), it notably shares a similar cast of characters as it despite having a different story altogether:
- Umbra could be seen as a parallel to Wyra Sonohoka, as both are smaller youkai with the ability to copy others (Wyra is a mimic and mimics lifeless objects, Umbra imitates spells)
- Mai Uranaishi bares some similarities to Lunar Tsubasa appearance-wise in hair style and clothes
- While You Nashi and Sasami Demomira are very different, both like to mess with humans (Sasami pulls pranks, You misleads others with her words)
- Naomi Baisotei bares a resemblance to Amarella, both being nuns (and are also the same age; 28)
- They both desire to make the world better and have different "fighting" styles; while Amarella prefers to use her wisdom and intelligence, Naomi instead uses her physical strength
- Kage could be seen as similar to Ikuto Koketsuno, both being dark, intimidating monsters and also both being the Stage 5 mid boss and boss of their respective projects
- Isabella Mihara could also be a parallel to Mirai Chasov, as both are Final bosses and extra mid bosses with green hair and are sitting on something (Mirai has a clock, Isabella has her altar)
- Jaakuna Kiyomoto is parallel to Hora Clockwise, both being servants to the Final boss
- It is the first Nansei project to have only 2 kanji in its title as opposed to the standard 3 kanji.